Welcome to our web page; this is where we as a PTA aim to keep you up to date with who we are, what we do, what we are working on, future event details and all our progress.
The PTA is a registered charity (Charities Commission Charity No. 1129478) and is looked after by a group of volunteers committed to fundraising for the school, for all its children and staff.
Our vision statement "I can grow" is reflected in our logo and underlines our goals as a PTA.
- PTA Membership and Committee
- Committee Office Bearers 2017/2018
- Get Involved
- Our Contact Details
Each year the PTA raises thousands of pounds each year, providing vital equipment for the school, providing a legacy for present and future pupils of the school. Listed below are some of our events and fundraisers, please click on them individually to find out more.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Bottle Donation
- Bunny Bounce
- Cake Plate Donation
- Christmas Cards
- Christmas Fair
- Clothing Labels
- Colouring Competition
- Crazy Hair Day
- Discos (including Reception Parties)
- Dress Down Day
- Ladies' Social Evening
- Jingle/Summer Cups
- Race For Life
- Race Night
- Reception Intake Parent Refreshments
- Second Hand Uniform
- Sports Day Refreshments
- Summer Fair
- Textile Recycling
Details of upcoming events can be found within the I can Organise Events section.
Membership is open to all parents/guardians/carers of children attending Lakeside Primary School, friends of the school and all staff are members of the PTA. Being a member does not commit you to anything. For those wishing to help out occasionally or perform more of an active role, there are three main areas of commitment within the membership:
Committee Office Bearers and General Committee Members are nominated and elected at the association’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) to form a PTA Committee responsible for managing the association on behalf of ALL of the members.
Please click here for a copy of our constitution.
Vice-Chair - Sophie Moore
Secretary - Ellie Matthews
Treasurer - Sue Stallard Thompson
PTA members and helpers can be easily identified at events with their official Royal Blue PTA Polo Shirts. ALL PTA volunteers wearing an official polo shirt MUST have current DBS approval logged with the school.
We also need supporters, and occasional helpers, without support and help we would not be able to put on events such as the Summer and Christmas Fairs.
The PTA are always looking for new members, friends and helpers. If you are able to help please let us know. It may be that you can contribute a small amount of your time or know someone who might be interested in helping.
- For regular updates please like our Facebook page 'Lakeside PTA'.
- To find out more about occasional volunteering opportunities please join our Facebook group 'Lakeside PTA Volunteers'.
Each term we aim to email out a newsletter with all the most up to date information. Please find past copies below.
- Newsletter July 2016
- Newsletter December 2016
- Newsletter April 2017
- Newsletter July 2017
- Newsletter December 2017
- Colouring Competition Newsletter December 2017
- Playground Newsletter February 2018
Each year the PTA organise many events, please find below our latest dates for your diary and details of past fundraisers.
Below is a summary of our main yearly event/fundraisers; please click image to enlarge. (Full details can be found in the Financial Reports section).
The PTA has an Annual General Meeting (AGM), produces statutory Financial reports, holds regular meetings throughout the year and works closely with the school. Please find below details of our donations, financial reports and minutes from our AGMs and meetings.
Below is a summary of our donations to the school over the past few years; please click image to enlarge. (Full details can be found in the Financial Reports section).
As you can see, there are donations which we aim to include every year. Some of these are listed below, please click on them individually to find out more.
- 2013-14 Events Report
- 2013-14 Report Summary
- 2014-15 Events Report & Report Summary
- 2015-16 Report Summary
- 2016-17 Report Summary
- PTA Meeting Minutes Monday 13th April 2015
- AGM Minutes 30th September 2015
- PTA Meeting Minutes 16th January 2016
- AGM Minutes 26th September 2016
- PTA Meeting Minutes 5th October 2016
- PTA Meeting Minutes 2nd November 2016
- PTA Meeting Minutes 11th November 2016
- PTA Meeting Minutes 7th December 2016
- PTA Meeting Minutes 11th January 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 1st February 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 22nd February 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 8th March 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 22nd March 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 26th April 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 14th June 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 19th July 2017
- AGM Minutes 27th September 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 17th October 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 5th December 2017
- PTA Meeting Minutes 16th January 2018
- PTA Meeting Minutes 21st February 2018
- PTA Meeting Minutes 6th March 2018